- Relationships >
- Sex >
- Abuse and violence >
- Bullying >
- Your body >
- Your mind >
- Drugs and Alcohol >
- Beyond school >
- Our society >
- GoGetter >
Can't find what you are looking for?
Need Support or want to talk?
Contact us, by clicking here, we are here to help!
Whether you are recently single or have been for a while, there are lots of good and not so good things about being single!
- It can sometimes feel like you’re the only one that doesn’t have someone, but that’s not true. There are lots of people out there who like being single!
- There is definitely nothing wrong with it. It can feel at times like nobody wants you or that you aren’t worthy of having a partner, but that is simply not true.
- Rather than stressing about not having anybody, the best thing to do when you’re single is to focus on yourself. Focus on building up your confidence and making new friends – because being single doesn’t have to feel isolating.
- Try meeting new people by focusing on your interests, perhaps starting a new hobby or sport, getting out and about with friends, saying yes to social invites, and stepping out of your comfort zone. Doing things you enjoy and hanging out with people will help to boost your confidence.
- Plus – being confident and comfortable in your own skin is super attractive!
For tips on dealing with loneliness, click here.