2018 Rescue Run
2018 Rescue Run
Rescue Run Youthline Division
Secondary Schools Challenge
Does your school have what it takes to save lives?
Youthline have teamed up with Jake Bailey and have an exciting leadership opportunity for your school that allows a team of 6 students a once in a life time experience to get behind a unique, life saving event. They will learn how to support their mates, gain skills to look after themselves and when times get tough, be leaders of positive change in their school and in their local communities.
We are only able to accommodate 20 schools for the Youthline Division and would ideally like to have our 20 schools confirmed by 4th May if they would like to compete.
There is no cost for your school to enter a team thanks to Datacom who have generously covered entry costs for the 20 schools to compete.
It would be fantastic to have your school involved and if you are available to meet, I would love to come and see you to discuss entering a team from your school into this incredible event.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO HERE
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE RESCUE RUN
- The Youthline Division will challenge 20 secondary school teams with a passion for social impact, testing their fitness prowess whilst teaching them what to do when times get tough. The Rescue Run is a 15km obstacle course of simulated disaster zones located in the Woodhill Forrest. The obstacle disaster zones, designed by disaster relief and emergency service professionals, will be constructed to simulate real world rescue scenarios.
- Each school team of 6 students (year's 11-13) will need to work together on the course to complete these challenges as well as off the course to help raise funds for Youthline. Each school who enters a team is also asked to pledge to raise $5,000 for Youthline which will go towards helping us to provide critical peer-to-peer support through our free 24/7 Helpline services.
- The Youthline Division is proudly supported by Datacom who have very generously covered the entry costs for all schools to enter meaning there is no cost for your school to enter a team into the Youthline Division.
- The school team with the highest score (a combination of most funds raised, points and course time) will receive a Cisco Technology Package worth more than $10,000, plus a variety of other prizes for schools.
- We are enormously proud to have Jake Bailey as our ambassador for the Youthline Division this year. Jake is passionate about the mental health statistics in New Zealand, and in particular, our youth and how we as a community can continue to have the conversations about how we can help our young people and save lives together.
- The Rescue Run will take place on Saturday 8th September with a boot camp at Eden Park also being scheduled about 8-10 weeks out from the main event so the students will get a taste of the course before the big event.
- Each team will have on-going support and be mentored and supported by a Youthline representative for their fundraising and teams will also be supported on the day by an emergency representative.
If you have any other enquires or would like to further discuss entering your school then please contact Erica Mestrom on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 871 450.